The Millinery Association of Australia is a not for profit organisation
encompassing a diverse range of millinery, from traditional hats to costume.
We provide members with opportunities for friendship, collaboration, networking and education and
host events that showcase quality millinery and our professional and enthusiastic members
unite to raise the profile of millinery in Australia.
- Applications for Student, Associate or Fellow membership to the Millinery Association of Australia are most welcomed at any time throughout the year.
- A student member can hold a student membership for a maximum period of 3 years. After which time they will be required to upgrade to an associate or fellow membership.
- An existing student member will automatically transition to a fellow member upon successful completion of a Certificate IV in Millinery and is only required to complete page 1 of the fellow membership application form and provide proof of graduation certificate. Be sure to inform the MAA secretary of any changes email@example.com
- Persons applying for a fellow membership (without prior student membership) will be required to complete a fellow membership application form.
- Persons applying for a fellow membership (without Certificate IV) will be required to complete a fellow membership application form.
- Where required, application for membership must include clear and detailed photos of your work, proof of study and two current references. Please email your application to the MAA firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications received will be submitted to the committee for review. Please allow 4 – 6 weeks for processing.
- Please note that the MAA membership year runs from November to the following October.
- Our tiered membership structure and membership benefits are outlined below.
We look forward to seeing your application!
|Guide to Membership||Currently studying|
millinery at TAFE
|A supplier, associated organisation or a |
milliner who does not
fit other categories
|Milliner qualified as|
per selection criteria
|Hall of Fame|
|Duration||3 year max||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Selection Criteria||Actively engaged|
in any form of
in Millinery or
members and reviewed
- *Discounted combined Fellow/Associate membership is $165 (includes one transaction fee)
- **Paid once with initial application
- ***Charged annually to offset PayPal charges
|Opportunity to nominate as committee member||*||*|
|Opportunity to enter annual Design Award||*||*|
|Use of official MAA logo||*||*|
|Opportunity to participate in MAA showcases||*||*|
|Priority access to MAA facilitated workshops||*||*|
|Access to MAA facilitated workshops||*||*||*|
|Voting rights at AGM||*||*|
|Opportunity for feature article in MAA newsletter||*|
|Opportunity to present to members||*|
|Business listing, logo and link in newsletter||*|
|Opportunity to enter student competitions||*|
|Milliner listing and business link on public side of website||*||*||*|
|Access to member section of website||*||*|
|‘Millinery Matters’ newsletter||*||*||*||*|
|Access to members closed group on Facebook||*||*||*|
|Invitation to social events||*||*||*||*|
|Invitation to attend monthly meetings||*||*||*||*|
|Opportunity to connect and network with industry members||*||*||*||*|
|Access to guest speakers||*||*||*|