SANDY ASLETT MILLINER
Sunshine Coast QLD
About Sandy Aslett
The evolution of the “Hats by Sandy A” (AKA Sandy Aslett Milliner) label has taken place in Sandy’s award-winning boutique millinery studio on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast.
Since being announced the 2018 Overall Winner of the 2018 HATalk Competition “Fusion” in London and her endless imagination running wild, Sandy’s career in millinery has fast-tracked to great heights. Her attention to detail and high-quality finish have become the benchmarks of her creations offering new and exciting pieces for race days, daywear, special occasions of all kinds.
Sandy’s designer headwear is regularly featured in International millinery bible The Hat Magazine and her creations have walked the runways at Melbourne Spring Fashion Week and catwalk exposure at Mercedes Benz Fashion Festivals.
Sandy has a thirst for knowledge and continues to study under some of Australia’s top milliners while adding her signature touch to headwear that ranges from edgy and embellished to uncluttered and petite. She also offers small classes in her new covid safe studio on the Sunshine Coast.
Coveted awards during her career
- 2019 Participant in the Hat Festival Cassaude
- 2019 Top 20 Finalist Melbourne International Millinery Competition (MIMC)
- Best Millinery Award Runner Up 2019- Thoroughbred Events Australia
- Royal Queensland Show- Creative Art & Craft Millinery – 2nd Prize- Wearable Art Headwear
- 2018 HATalk competition International Overall Winner 2018 Top 30 Great Hat Exhibition in London
- Queensland Representative for the Millinery Association of Australia Inc 2019 2018 & 2017 including Vice President
Sandy is available by appointment only M: 0400 022 303 or you can view her millinery designs at www.hatsbysandya.com.au
“Making Headlines Just for U”