JO MAREE MILLINERY
About Jo Peterson.
Jo is an emerging designer of multi award winning classic millinery based down on Melbourne’s beautiful Mornington Peninsula. She has a love of vintage fabrics, lace, pearls and beads and enjoys mixing them up with modern materials to create headpieces with a unique flair.
Under her label, Jo Maree Millinery, her headpieces have gained recognition at local race days and at industry events. Her recent achievements include:
- Winner of inaugral Stephen Jones ‘Patrons Pick’ Award 2019
- ‘Top 10’ Finalist in The Millinery Association of Australia’s Design Award 2019 & 2018
- ‘Best Millinery Exhibit’ at Royal Melbourne Show 2017 & 2016
- ‘Top 20’ National Finalist at the Oaks Day Millinery Award 2015
- The Millinery Association of Australia ‘Best Hat’ Student Encouragement Award 2015
As a keen race goer and racehorse owner, Jo developed her passion for all things millinery initially studying at the Melbourne Fashion Institute in 2013. She then went on to continue her studies and gained her Certificate II & III in Millinery at Kangan Institute of TAFE in Richmond in 2015 & 2016.
Under the watchful eye of renowned Australian and International milliners Jo continues her love of learning by frequently undertaking workshops and short courses both locally and interstate. This ensures that she is constantly on trend with her designs and that her unique and individual style continues to evolve.
Jo is currently a committee member of The Millinery Association of Australia and the editor of the MAA newsletter ‘Millinery Matters‘.